Mechanical-mathematical and experimental modeling of well stability in anisotropic media
- 51 Downloads
Virtually allmodern gas and oil production technologies are based on directional drilling, and hence well stability issues are of primary importance. It was established that the stability of slanted wells significantly depends on the deformation and strength characteristics of rocks, on the presence and degree of rock anisotropy, and also on the well geometry and the pressure at the well bottom. We suggest a new approach to this problem by modeling the hole making process with the use of a triaxial independent loading test system (TAILTS) based on the mechanical-mathematical model developed here.
Keywordsrock fracture creeping well oil stability specimen modeling test bench
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I.M. Petukhov and A. P. Zapryagaev, “Stability of Wells of Different Diameter Depending on the Rock Stress State,” Neft. Khoz., No. 5, 22–25 (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Blokhin and V. D. Terent’ev, “A Method for Estimating the Well Wall Stability,” Neft. Khoz., No. 7, 12–15 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. N. Vasiliev and N. I. Dubinina, “Model of Stress State of Well Bottom Zone,” Neft’ Gas, No. 4, 44–47 (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Spivak and A. N. Popov, Rock Fracture in Well Drilling (Nedra, Moscow, 1994) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.K. M. Tagirov and V. I. Nifontov, Well Drilling and Oil-and-Gas Formation Exposing in Depression (Nedra, Moscow, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.D. M. Klimov, V. I. Karev, Yu. F. Kovalenko, and K. B. Ustinov, “Mathematical and Physical Modeling of Rock Fracture in Slanted Well Drilling,” Tekhnolog. TEK, No. 5, 22–27 (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Batugin and R. K. Nirenburg, “Approximate Relation between the Elastic Constants of Anisotropic Rocks and the Anisotropy Parameters,” Fiz.-Tekh. Probl. Razrab. Polez. Iskopaemykh, No. 1, 7–11 (1972) [J.Mining Sci. (Engl. Transl.) 8 (1), 5–9 (1972)].Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. P. Zheltov and S. A. Khristianovich, “Hydraulic Fracture of Oil-Bearing Bed,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR. OTN, No. 5, 3–41 (1995).Google Scholar