The interpretation of Bradford’s law in terms of geometric progression
- 106 Downloads
This paper suggests interpreting Bradford’s law in terms of a geometric progression; it introduces a constant, which allows simplifying the application of the law, and outlines the methodology for using the law to analyze the data related to various subject areas.
KeywordsBradford’s law geometric progression statistical text analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hjørland, B. and Nicolaisen, J., Bradford’s Law of Scattering: Ambiguities in the Concept of ’subject’, Proc. 5th Conf. on Concepts of Library and Information Science, 2005, pp. 96–106. http://comminfo.rutgers.edu/~muresan/IR/Docs/Articles/colisHjorland 2005.pdf
- 3.Drott, M.C., Bradford’s Law: Theory, Empiricism and the Gaps between, Library Trends, 1981, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 41–52.Google Scholar
- 4.Hjørland, B., Scattering, 2007. www.iva.dk/bh/core% 20concepts%20in%20lis/articles%20a-z/scattering.htm
- 5.Sudhier, K.G., Application of Bradford’s Law of Scattering to the Physics Literature: a Study of Doctoral Theses Citations at the Indian Institute of Science, J. Library Inform. Technol., 2010, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 3–14.Google Scholar
- 6.Li, W., Zipf’s Law Everywhere, Glottometrics, 2002, no. 5, pp. 14–21.Google Scholar
- 9.Stop Word List 1. http://www.lextek.com/manuals/onix/stopwords1.html
- 11.Governors were invited in Kremlin. http://www.postsovet.ru/blog/russia/292101.html