Multi-objective thermodynamic optimization of solar parabolic dish stirling heat engine with regenerative losses using NSGA-II and decision making
- 48 Downloads
The proposed work investigates optimal values of various decision variables that simultaneously optimize power output, net-work output and second law efficiency of solar driven Stirling heat engine with regenerative heat losses, conducting thermal bridging losses using evolutionary algorithm based on NSGA-II in Matlab simulink environment. Effects of design parameters as absorber temperature, concentrating ratio, radiative and convective heat transfers are included in the analysis. Pareto frontier is obtained for triple and dual objectives and the best optimal value is selected through four different decision making techniques viz. Fuzzy, Shannon entropy, LINMAP and TOPSIS. Triple objective evolutionary approach applied to the proposed model gives power output, net-work output and second law efficiency as (38.87 kW, 1.24 kJ, 0.3156) which are 18.19, 16.78 and 31.51% lower in comparison with reversible system. With the objective of error investigation, the average and maximum error of the obtained results are figured at last.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 14.Kumar, R., Kaushik, S.C., and Kumar, R., Int. J. Eng. Res. Technol., 2013, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 643–650.Google Scholar
- 16.Kumar, R., Kaushik, S.C., and Kumar, R., Int. J. Therm. Environ. Eng., 2015, vol. 9, pp. 25–32.Google Scholar
- 28.Arora, R., Kaushik, S.C., and Kumar, R., Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Futuristic Trends on Computational Analysis and Knowledge Management (ABLAZE), Greater Noida, 2015, pp. 340–346.Google Scholar
- 29.Arora, R., Kaushik, S.C., and Kumar, R., Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Advances in Computer Engineering and Applications (ICACEA), Ghaziabad, 2015, pp. 553–558.Google Scholar
- 30.Kumar, R., Kaushik, S.C., Kumar, R., and Hans, R., Ain Sham Eng. J., 2015, vol. 7, no.2, pp. 639–651. doi: 10.1016/j.asej.2015.06.005Google Scholar
- 34.Kaushik, S.C., Kumar, R., and Arora, R., J. Therm. Eng., 2016, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 861–870.Google Scholar