The α 1-adrenolytic and structural evaluation of new pyridoindole derivatives
- 26 Downloads
α 1 — adrenolytic activities of pyridoindole derivatives recently synthesized in the Institute of Experimental Pharmacology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, were measured. A characteristic set of derivatives (five active, one with a threshold activity and two inactive) was chosen and an elementary structure-activity study was performed. The structure and energy properties were estimated by quantum-chemical semiempirical AM1 and molecular mechanics methods. The ionization constants pKα of the individual derivatives were calculated by program Pallas or estimated by potenciometric titration. The α 1 blocking activities were measured by rat thoracic aorta model. The experimental model used was not α 1 — adrenoreceptor subtypes specific, however, the α 1D subtype could be considered to be a predominant type in a rat aorta. The obtained physico-chemical parameters were then compared with the blocking activities of the derivatives and following determining characters for α 1 — adrenolytic activities were determined: 1) the polarity of the substituted phenol ring represented by a map of molecular electrostatic potential and 2) the hexahydro-pyridine nitrogen pKα constant, which represents the ability of the compound to be protonated by physiologic pH.
Keywordsα1-adrenolytic activity pyridoindole structure-activity AM1 method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.B. Bremmer, R. Griffith and B. Coban: “Ligand Design for Alpha1 Adrenoceptors”, Current Medicinal Chemistry Vol. 8, (2001), pp. 607–620.Google Scholar
- R.M. De Marinis, M. Wise, J.P. Hieble and R.R. Ruffolo, Jr.: The alpha-1 Adrenergic Receptor, Humana Press, New Jersey, 1987.Google Scholar
- S. Štolc, F. Považanec, V. Bauer, M. Májeková, A.L. Wilcox, V. Šnirc, L. Račková, R. Sotníková, M. Štefek, Z. Gáspárová-Kvaltínová, A. Gajdošíková and D. Mihálová: Slovak patent registration PP 1321, 2003.Google Scholar
- S. Štolc, V. Bauer, L. Beneš and M. Tichý: Czechoslovak Patent. AO-229067, 1983.Google Scholar
- HyperChem 7.1, Hypercube, Inc. 2003.Google Scholar
- PALLAS 188.8.131.52, CompuDrug Chemistry Ltd. 1995.Google Scholar
- J.E. Faber, N. Yang and X. Xin: “Expression of α-Adrenoceptor Subtypes by Smooth Muscle Cells and Adventitial Fibroblasts in Rat Aorta and in Cell Culture”, J. Pharm. Exp. Ther., Vol. 298, (2001), pp. 441–452.Google Scholar