On phase segregation in nonlocal two-particle Hartree systems
- 37 Downloads
We prove the phase segregation phenomenon to occur in the ground state solutions of an interacting system of two self-coupled repulsive Hartree equations for large nonlinear and nonlocal interactions. A self-consistent numerical investigation visualizes the approach to this segregated regime.
KeywordsCoupled Hartree equations Quantum many-body problem Hartree approximation Ground states solutions Phase segregation Finite elements Self-consistent iteration
MSC35Q40 35J60 35J50
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ablowitz M.J., Prinari B., Trubatch A.D., Discrete and continuous nonlinear Schrödinger systems, London Mathematical Society, Lecture Note Series 302, Cambridge University Press, 2004Google Scholar
- Aschbacher W.H., Fully discrete Galerkin schemes for the nonlinear and nonlocal Hartree equation, Electron. J. Diff. Eqns., 2009, 12, 1–22Google Scholar
- Erdös L., Schlein B., Yau H.-T., Rigorous derivation of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation, Phys. Rev. Lett., 2007, 98, 040404Google Scholar
- Lieb E.H., Seiringer R., Yngvason J., Bosons in a trap: a rigorous derivation of the Gross-Pitaevskii energy functional, Phys. Rev. A, 2000, 61, 043602Google Scholar
- Riboli F., Modugno M., Topology of the ground state of two interacting Bose-Einstein condensates, Phys. Rev. A, 2002, 65, 063614Google Scholar