On the computation of scaling coefficients of Daubechies' wavelets
- 126 Downloads
In the present paper, Daubechies' wavelets and the computation of their scaling coefficients are briefly reviewed. Then a new method of computation is proposed. This method is based on the work  concerning a new orthonormality condition and relations among scaling moments, respectively. For filter lengths up to 16, the arising system can be explicitly solved with algebraic methods like Gröbner bases. Its simple structure allows one to find quickly all possible solutions.
KeywordsDaubechies' wavelets computation of scaling coefficients
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Han: “Symmetric multivariate orthogonal refinable functions”,Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal., to appear.Google Scholar
- A. Cohen: “Wavelet methods in numerical analysis”, In: P.G. Ciarlet et al. (Eds.):Handbook of numerical analysis, Vol. VII, Amsterdam: North-Holland/Elsevier, 2000, pp. 417–711.Google Scholar
- I. Daubechies:Ten Lectures on Wavelets. Society for industrial and applied mathematics, Philadelphia, 1992.Google Scholar
- V. Finěk:Approximation properties of wavelets and relations among scaling moments II, Preprint, TU Dresden, 2003.Google Scholar
- A.K. Louis, P. Maass and A. Rieder:Wavelets: Theorie und Anwendungen, B.G. Teubner, Stuttgart, 1994.Google Scholar
- G. Polya and G. Szegö:Aufgaben und Lehrsätze aus der Analysis, Vol. II, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1971.Google Scholar
- G. Strang and T. Nguyen:Wavelets and Filter Banks, Wellesley-Cambridge Press, 1996.Google Scholar
- P. Wojtaszczyk:A Mathematical introduction to wavelets, Cambridge University Press, 1997.Google Scholar