A compact broadband microstrip patch antenna with defective ground structure for C-Band applications
- 81 Downloads
A novel design of a circular patch antenna having defected ground structure is presented in this communication. The antenna is designed for C-band applications. A wide bandwidth of 60.3% (4.04–7.28) GHz is obtained in the C-band frequency range 4–8 GHz. It is also found through parametric analysis that shape and dimensions of the finite ground plane and slots in the patch are the key factors in improving the bandwidth of the proposed geometry. The antenna is fabricated using FR-4 substrate and parameters like return loss, VSWR and input impedance are measured experimentally.
Keywordscircular patch wide bandwidth slot and defected ground
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Garg R., Bhartia P., Behl I., and Ittipiboon A., Microstrip antenna design handbook, Artech House Inc., Norwood, MA, 2001Google Scholar
- Chen Z.N., Chia M.Y.W., Broadband Planar Antennas, Design and Applications, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2006Google Scholar
- Kumar G., Ray K.P., Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Artech House, Boston, 2003Google Scholar
- Rawat S., Sharma K.K., Stacked Configuration of Rectangular and Hexagonal Patches with Shorting pin for Circularly Polarized Wideband Performance, Central European Journal of Engineering, 2013Google Scholar
- Weng L.H., Guo Y.-C., Shi X.-W., and Chen X.-Q., An overview on defected ground structure, Progress in Electromagnetic Research B, 173–189, 2008Google Scholar
- Bansal R., Jain A., Kumar M., Meena R.S., Compact Dual Band Microstrip Loop Antenna Using Defective Ground Plane, Proceedings of International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies, pp. 20–22, 2012Google Scholar
- Geng J. P., Li J. J., Jin R. H., Ye S., et al., The Development Of Curved Microstrip Antenna With Defected Ground Structure, Progress in Electromagnetics Research, pp. 53–73, 2009Google Scholar
- Carver K.R., Practical analytical technique for the microstrip antenna, Proc. Workshop on Printed Circuit Antenna Technology. New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, pp. 17–19, Oct. 1979Google Scholar