Structure and properties of solid solutions in the Mg-Al-B system
- 59 Downloads
Compounds with the general formula Mg1−x Al x B2 were obtained by two-step ceramic synthesis. All compounds were characterized by X-ray diffraction, NMR spectroscopy, and by four point probe resistivity measurements in various magnetic fields method. The diborides unit cell parameters were determined as a function of the Al mole fraction. With the vaues of x up to 0.40 (where x is the composition of the stock prepared for sintering), the unit cell parameters of Mg1−x Al x B2 are similar to those of pure MgB2 and the superconducting transition temperature was lowered. For stock compositions of 0:25 ≤ x ≤ 0:60, the products contain a superstructure, also superconducting phase, which becomes the only product at x = 0:50, and at x > 0:60 this phase is replaced by AlB2-based solid solutions.
Keywordsmagnesium diboride superconductivity superstructure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. G. Sevastyanova et al., B Acad. Sci. USSR CH+ 8, 1587 (2003)Google Scholar
- A. L. Ivanoovskii, Usp. Khim+ 70, 811 (2001)Google Scholar
- V. L. Ginzburg, D. A. Kirzhnits (Eds.), Problemy vysokotemperaturnykh sverkhprvodnikov, (Nauka, Moscow, 1977)Google Scholar
- N. V. Vekshina, L. Ya. Markovskii, Yu. D. Kondrashev, T. K. Voevodskaya, J. Appl. Chem-USSR+ 44, 958 (1971)Google Scholar
- W. Rudorff, E. Schultze, Angew. Chem. Int. Edit. 66, 305 (1954)Google Scholar
- P. Lagrange, A. Metrot, A. Herold, CR. Acad. Sci. II C 278, 701 (1974)Google Scholar