Supercritical fluid extraction as a tool for isolation of monoterpenes from coniferous needles and walnut-tree leaves
- 124 Downloads
Several monoterpenes, i.e., (+)-α-pinene, (−)-camphene, sabinene, (−)-β-pinene, myrcene, R-(+)-limonene, (−)-bornylacetate, (−)-trans-caryophyllene and a-humulene were identified and determined by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) in needles of Pinaceae (Picea abies, P. omorika, P. pungens, P. Breweriana, Pinus nigra, P. mungo turra, P. black, P. sylvestris, Abies pinsapo, A. holophylla, A. Bronmuelleris, A. alba, Larix Kaempferi L. decidua) and tree-leaves of Juglandaceae (Juglans regia, J. nigra, J. sieboldiana var. Cordiformis) families. Supercritical fluid extraction (SFE) was found to be very useful for their isolation at optimised conditions (needles/leaves: pressure 20/30 MPa, temperature 80/130°C, time of extraction 60/60 min, modifier chloroform/chloroform). Their seasonal distribution, evaluation of differences in concentrations and relative amounts in different trees and their varieties grown in different localities were evaluated.
KeywordsSupercritical fluid extraction (SFE) Gas chromatographic-mass spectrometric detection (GC-MS) Terpenes Juglandaceae Pinaceae
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Churáček, Identification and Determination of Toxicologically Important Organic Substances in Materials and Environment. Textbook of Licence Studies — II (VŠCHT, Pardubice, 1992) 15 (In Czech)Google Scholar
- J. Sedláková, V. Kubáň, V. Holubová, B. Kocourková, Determination of Essential Oils in Caraway, Book of Abstracts, 2 THETA, 120 (1998)Google Scholar
- R.M. Muzika, C.L. Campbel, J.W. Hanower, A.L. Smith, J. Chem. Ecol. 16, 2713 (1990)Google Scholar
- A.A. El Din Seif, M.A. Korany, N.A. Abdel Salam, Anal. Lett. 16, 891 (1983)Google Scholar
- S. Glowacki, Sylwan 1, 27 (1994)Google Scholar
- A. Orav, T. Kailas, M. Koel, J. Essential Oil Res. 10, 387 (1998)Google Scholar
- J.J.C. Scheffer, In: F. Capasso, F.J. Evans (Eds.), Phytotherapy Res. 10(Supplement 1), S6–S7 (1996)Google Scholar
- A.G. McDonald, T.R. Stuthridge, A.B. Clare, M.J. Robinson, ISWPC 71 (1997)Google Scholar
- J. Tomko, Farmakognózia 69 (1999)Google Scholar
© © Versita Warsaw and Springer-Verlag Wien 2010