New genera and species of Chrysobalanaceae from Malesia and Oceania
- 12 Downloads
Two new genera of Chrysobalanaceae are described.Hunga distributed in New Caledonia, the Loyalty Islands and Papua and New Guinea, contains eight species, three new, and five formerly placed in the generaAngelesia, Licania andParinari.Kostermanthus is described to accommodate two species with united filaments formerly placed inParinari andAcioa. Both new genera are quite as distinct as others of the family and have been overlooked by undue emphasis placed on the single character of a bilocular ovary.Licania palawanensis Prance is also described; it is the second species of its genus from Malesia.
KeywordsCalyx Lobe Malay Peninsula Flower Section Young Branch Loyalty Island
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kostermans, A. J. G. H. 1965a. The genusAcioa Aublet (Rosaceae-Chrysobalanoideae) in Malesia. Reinwardtia 7: 9–18.Google Scholar
- —. 1965b. New species ofParinari Aublet (Rosaceae-Chrysobalanoideae). Reinwardtia 7: 47–61.Google Scholar
- —. 1965c. A monograph of the genusParinari Aubl. (Rosaceae-Chrysobalanoideae) in Asia and the Pacific region. Reinwardtia 7: 147–213.Google Scholar
- —. 1965d. A monograph of the generaMaranthes B1. andCyclandrophora Hassk. (Chrysobalanaceae) of the Asiatic and Pacific area. Candollea 20: 103–158.Google Scholar
- —. 1969.Atuna Rafin. versusCyclandrophora Hassk. (Rosaceae-Chrysobalanoideae). Reinwardtia 7: 421–422.Google Scholar
- Prance, G. T. 1963. A taxonomic study of the Chrysobalanaceae. D. Phil, thesis, Oxford.Google Scholar
- —. 1966. Notes on the Chrysobalanaceae of Angola. Bol. Soc. Brot., ser. 2. 40: 133–135.Google Scholar
- —. 1972. Chrysobalanaceae. Flora Neotropica 12: 1–406.Google Scholar
- - & F. White. In press. A generic monograph of Chrysobalanaceae.Google Scholar