Navassa Island and its flora. 2. Checklist of the vascular plants
- 50 Downloads
A revised checklist of the vascular plants of Navassa Island, a U.S. possession in the Caribbean, is presented. This is the first update since the original list was published by Ekman in 1929. A recent expedition to the island resulted in the addition of 35 taxa. Eight pteridophytes and 139 angiosperms are recorded from the island.
Key wordsCaribbean botany Navassa Island vascular plants
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anonymous. 1998. First marine expedition to Navassa Island, U.S.A. The Plant Press (Smithsonian Institution) n.s. 1(5): 4.Google Scholar
- Buck, W. R. In press. Navassa Island and its flora. 1. History and bryophytes. Haussknechtia 7: in press.Google Scholar
- Clench, W. J. 1930. The Harvard Expedition to Navassa Island. Harvard Alumni Bull. 32(24): 684–687.Google Scholar
- Ekman, E. L. 1929. Plants of Navassa Island, West Indies. Ark. Bot. 22A(16): 1–12, pls. 1–2.Google Scholar
- Proctor, G. R. 1959. Observations on Navassa Island. Geonotes 2(2): 49–51.Google Scholar
- Stayman, A. P. &D. S. North. 1998. Navassa survey discovers a biological treasure. People, Land & Water 5(7): 30.Google Scholar
- Swartz, O. 1788. Nova genera et species seu prodromus descriptionum vegetabilium, maximam partem incognitorum quae sub itinere in Indiam Occidentalem annis 1783–87. Holmiæ.Google Scholar
- Swartz, O. 1797–1806. Flora India Occidentalis aucta atque illustrata; sive, descriptiones plantarum in prodromo recensitarum, 3 vols. Erlangae.Google Scholar
- Turner, R. D. 1960. Land shells of Navassa Island, West Indies. Bull. Mus. Comp. Zool. Harvard Coll. 122: 233–244, pls. 1–7.Google Scholar