Polytopes, quasi-minuscule representations and rational surfaces
- First Online:
- 21 Downloads
We describe the relation between quasi-minuscule representations, polytopes and Weyl group orbits in Picard lattices of rational surfaces. As an application, to each quasi-minuscule representation we attach a class of rational surfaces, and realize such a representation as an associated vector bundle of a principal bundle over these surfaces. Moreover, any quasi-minuscule representation can be defined by rational curves, or their disjoint unions in a rational surface, satisfying certain natural numerical conditions.
Keywordsrational surface minuscule representation polytope
MSC 201014J26 14N20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Demazure, H. Pinkham, B. Teissier (eds.): Séminaire sur les Singularités des Surfaces. Centre de Mathématiques de l’Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau 1976–1977, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 777, Springer, Berlin, 1980. (In French.)Google Scholar
- R. Donagi: Taniguchi lectures on principal bundles on elliptic fibrations. Integrable Systems and Algebraic Geometry. Conf. Proc., Kobe/Kyoto, 1997, World Scientific, Singapore, 1998, pp. 33–46.Google Scholar
- P. Henry-Labordère, B. Julia, L. Paulot: Borcherds symmetries in M-theory. J. High Energy Phys. 2002 (2002), No. 49, 31 pages.Google Scholar
- P. Henry-Labordère, B. Julia, L. Paulot: Real Borcherds superalgebras and M-theory. J. High Energy Phys. 2003 (2003), No. 60, 21 pages.Google Scholar
- N. C. Leung: ADE-bundle over rational surfaces, configuration of lines and rulings. Available at arXiv:math. AG/0009192.Google Scholar
- Y. I. Manin: Cubic Forms: Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic. North-Holland Mathematical Library 4, North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam; American Elsevier Publishing Company, New York, 1974.Google Scholar
- C. S. Seshadri: Geometry of G/P. I: Theory of standard monomials for minuscule representations. C. P. Ramanujam—A Tribute. Tata Inst. Fundam. Res., Stud. Math. 8, Springer, Berlin, 1978, pp. 207–239.Google Scholar