Representations of the general linear group over symmetry classes of polynomials
Let V be the complex vector space of homogeneous linear polynomials in the variables x1,..., x m . Suppose G is a subgroup of S m , and χ is an irreducible character of G. Let H d (G, χ) be the symmetry class of polynomials of degree d with respect to G and χ.
Keywordssymmetry class of polynomials general linear group representation irreducible character induced operator
MSC 201020C15 15A69 05E05
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. M. Isaacs: Character Theory of Finite Groups. Pure and Applied Mathematics 69, Academic Press, New York, 1976.Google Scholar
- R. Merris: Multilinear Algebra. Algebra, Logic and Applications 8, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, Amsterdam, 1997.Google Scholar
- K. Rodtes: Symmetry classes of polynomials associated to the semidihedral group and o-bases. J. Algebra Appl. 13 (2014), Article ID 1450059, 7 pages.Google Scholar
- Y. Zamani, E. Babaei: Symmetry classes of polynomials associated with the dicyclic group. Asian-Eur. J. Math. 6 (2013), Article ID 1350033, 10 pages.Google Scholar
- Y. Zamani, E. Babaei: The dimensions of cyclic symmetry classes of polynomials. J. Algebra Appl. 13 (2014), Article ID 1350085, 10 pages.Google Scholar
- Y. Zamani, M. Ranjbari: Induced operators on the space of homogeneous polynomials. Asian-Eur. J. Math. 9 (2016), Article ID 1650038, 15 pages.Google Scholar