Application of honey-bee mating optimization on state estimation of a power distribution system including distributed generators
- 232 Downloads
We present a new approach based on honey-bee mating optimization to estimate the state variables in distribution networks including distributed generators. The proposed method considers practical models of electrical equipments such as static var compensators, voltage regulators, and under-load tap changer transformers, which have usually nonlinear and discrete characteristics. The feasibility of the proposed approach is demonstrated by comparison with the methods based on neural networks, ant colony optimization, and genetic algorithms for two test systems, a network with 34-bus radial test feeders and a realistic 80-bus 20 kV network.
Key wordsDistributed generators (DGs) State estimation Honey-bee mating optimization (HBMO)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gursoy, E., Niebur, D., 2006. On-line Estimation of Electric Power System Active Loads. Proc. IEEE Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks, BC, Canada, p.1689–1694. [doi:10.1109/IJCNN.2006.1716311]Google Scholar
- Haupt, JR.L., Haupt, S.E., 1999. Practical Genetic Algorithm. John Wiely & Sons Inc.Google Scholar
- Niknam, T., 2005. Impact of Distributed Generators on Volt/Var Control in Distribution Networks. PhD Thesis, Electrical Engineering Department, Sharif University of Technology.Google Scholar
- Niknam, T., Ranjbar, A.M., Shirani, A.R., 2005a. A new approach for distribution state estimation based on ant colony algorithm with regard to distributed generation. J. Intell. Fuzzy Syst., 16(2):119–131.Google Scholar
- Niknam, T., Ranjbar, A.M., Shirani, A.R., 2005b. A new approach based on ant algorithm for Volt/Var control in distribution network considering distributed generation. Iran. J. Sci. Tech., Trans. B, 29(B4):1–15.Google Scholar
- Wan, J., Miu, K.N., 2002. Zonal Load Estimation Studies in Radial Power Distribution Networks. IEEE Int. Symp. on Circuits and Systems, 5:697–700. [doi:10.1109/ISCAS.2002.1010799]Google Scholar