A tutorial on 5G and the progress in China
- 269 Downloads
5G has been developing at high speed since 2012 and has become a global economic driver. In this paper, we offer a survey of 5G covering visions, requirements, roadmap, key technologies, standardization, frequency management, technology trials, industrial ecology, and a list of main 5G contributors. We also point out the contributions to 5G from China, aiming to be ‘globally leading in 5G’ by acting as a main 5G contributor in standardization and promoting/enhancing the Chinese 5G industry. Finally, progress on 5G is reviewed mixed with our rethinking of 5G.
Key words5G IMT-2020 Key technology Standardization Field trial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
We would like to thank Dr. Yue-min CAI from Datang Telecom Group, Drs. Bo HU and Yan SHI from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications for their help in preparing related materials, and Prof. Dake LIU from Beijing Institute of Technology for his valuable comments and also contribution on IC challenges.
- 3GPP, 2016a. Non-orthogonal multiple access candidate for NR. R1-163992. Samsung.Google Scholar
- 3GPP, 2016b. RSMA. R1-164688. Qualcomm Incorporated.Google Scholar
- IMT-2020(5G) Promotion Group, 2014. 5G vision and requirements. White Paper.Google Scholar
- IMT-2020(5G) Promotion Group, 2015a. 5G network technology architecture. White Paper.Google Scholar
- IMT-2020(5G) Promotion Group, 2015b. 5G wireless technology architecture. White Paper.Google Scholar
- IMT-2020(5G) Promotion Group, 2017. 5G economic and social impact. White Paper.Google Scholar
- ITU-R, 2014. Future technology trends of terrestrial IMT systems. ITU-R M.2320-0.Google Scholar
- ITU-R, 2015. IMT vision—framework and overall objectives of the future development of IMT for 2020 and beyond. ITU-R M.2083-0.Google Scholar
- NGMN Alliance, 2015. NGMN 5G white paper.Google Scholar
- Takahashi H, 2016. Study on new radio access technology—physical layer aspects. 3GPP Report TR38.802.Google Scholar