Free vibration of pre-tensioned nanobeams based on nonlocal stress theory
- 130 Downloads
The transverse free vibration of nanobeams subjected to an initial axial tension based on nonlocal stress theory is presented. It considers the effects of nonlocal stress field on the natural frequencies and vibration modes. The effects of a small scale parameter at molecular level unavailable in classical macro-beams are investigated for three different types of boundary conditions: simple supports, clamped supports and elastically-constrained supports. Analytical solutions for transverse deformation and vibration modes are derived. Through numerical examples, effects of the dimensionless nanoscale parameter and pre-tension on natural frequencies are presented and discussed.
Key wordsNanobeam Natural frequency Nonlocal stress Pre-tensioned Vibration mode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Benzair, A., Tounsi, A., Besseghier, A., Heireche, H., Moulay, N., Boumia, L., 2008. The thermal effect on vibration of single-walled carbon nanotubes using nonlocal Timoshenko beam theory. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 41(22):225404. [doi:10.1088/0022-3727/41/22/225404]CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Chen, L.Q., Wu, J., 2005. Bifurcation in transverse vibration of axially accelerating viscoelastic strings. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 26(1):83–86.Google Scholar
- Fung, Y.C., 1965. Foundations of Solid Mechanics. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, p.305–359.Google Scholar
- Liu, Y.Q., Zhang, W., 2007. Transverse nonlinear dynamical characteristic of viscoelastic belt. Journal of Beijing University of Technology, 33(11):10–13.Google Scholar
- Wang, C.M., Zhang, Y.Y., Ramesh, S.S., Kitipornchai, S., 2006. Buckling analysis of micro- and nano-rods/tubes based on nonlocal Timoshenko beam theory. Journal of Applied Physics, 39(17):3904–3909. [doi:10.1088/0022-3727/39/17/029]Google Scholar
- Xie, G.M., 2007. Vibration Mechanics. National Defense Industry Press, Beijing, China, p.198–203 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Yang, X.D., Lim, C.W., 2008. Nonlinear Vibrations of Nano-beams Accounting for Nonlocal Effect. Fourth Jiangsu-Hong Kong Forum on Mechanics and Its Application, Suzhou, China. Jiangsu Society of Mechanics, Nanjing, p.16–17.Google Scholar