Recommendation of RILEM Technical Committee 250-CSM: Test method for Textile Reinforced Mortar to substrate bond characterization
- 670 Downloads
Textile Reinforced Mortar (TRM), also known as Fabric Reinforced Mortar or Fabric Reinforced Cementitious Matrix, composites are an emerging technology for the external repair and strengthening of existing structures. For most applications, the effectiveness of the TRM reinforcement relies on its bond performance. This recommendation identifies the best practice to characterize the bond behaviour of TRM. A shear bond test method is proposed to determine the peak axial stress (associated with the maximum load that can be transferred from the structural member to the externally bonded TRM reinforcement), the stress–slip relationship and the failure mode that controls the TRM-to-substrate load transfer capacity. Guidelines on specimen manufacturing, experimental setup, test execution, and determination of test results are provided.
KeywordsSingle-lap shear bond test Stress–slip relationship Fabric Reinforced Mortar (FRM) Fabric Reinforced Cementitious Matrix (FRCM) Steel Reinforced Grout (SRG)
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 3.Caggegi C, Carozzi FG, De Santis S, Fabbrocino F, Focacci F, Hojdys L, Lanoye E, Zuccarino L (2017) Experimental analysis on tensile and bond properties of PBO and Aramid Fabric Reinforced Cementitious Matrix for strengthening masonry structures. Compos Part B Eng 127:175–195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.05.048 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Carozzi FG, Bellini A, D’Antino T, de Felice G, Focacci F, Hojdys L, Laghi L, Lanoye E, Micelli F, Panizza M, Poggi C (2017) Experimental investigation of tensile and bond properties of Carbon-FRCM composites for strengthening masonry elements. Compos Part B Eng 128:100–119. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.06.018 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.De Santis S, Ceroni F, de Felice G, Fagone M, Ghiassi B, Kwiecień A, Lignola GP, Morganti M, Santandrea M, Valluzzi MR, Viskovic A (2017) Round Robin Test on tensile and bond behaviour of Steel Reinforced Grout systems. Compos Part B Eng 127:100–120. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.03.052 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Leone M, Aiello MA, Balsamo A, Carozzi FG, Ceroni F, Corradi M, Gams M, Garbin E, Gattesco N, Krajewski P, Mazzoti C, Oliveira DV, Papanicolaou CG, Ranocchiai G, Roscini F, Saenger D (2017) Glass Fabric Reinforced Cementitious Matrix: tensile properties and bond performance on masonry substrate. Compos Part B Eng 127:196–214. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.06.028 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Lignola GP, Caggegi C, Ceroni F, De Santis S, Krajewski P, Lourenço PB, Morganti M, Papanicolaou C, Pellegrino C, Prota A, Zuccarino L (2017) Performance assessment of basalt FRCM for retrofit applications on masonry. Compos Part B Eng 128:1–18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.05.003 CrossRefGoogle Scholar