Identification of QTLs and associated molecular markers of agronomic traits in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under two conditions of nitrogen fertilization
Quantitative Trait Loci (QTL) mapping was carried out in a set of 114 lines of the International Triticeae Mapping Initiative (ITMI) mapping population for null nitrogen fertilization during two agricultural cycles. We quantified phenologic parameters (days to: ear emergency time, flowering time) and components of yield (number of plants and ears, plant height, leaf area, length and weight of ear, spikelet number, number and total weight of grains and by third in the ear, weight of thousand grains and total yield). Interval mapping resulted of 138 QTLs, of which 47 were catalogued as major QTLs (LOD ≥ 3.0) and 91 as minor QTLs (LOD 2.0 > 0 2.9). The QTLs were distributed in 14 of the 21 chromosomes of wheat. The data showed that a high percentage of QTLs were in chromosomes 2D (49 or 35.5%), followed by 5A (22 or 15.9%), 1B (10 or 7.2%).
KeywordsQTLs molecular markers nitrogen fertilization agronomic traits yield components Triticum aestivum L
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Börner, A. 2002. Gene and genome mapping in cereals. Cell. Mol. Biol. Letters 7:423–429.Google Scholar
- Glass, A.D.M., Brito, D.T., Kaiser, B.N., Kronzuker, H.J., Kumar, A., Okamoto, M., Rawat, S.R., Siddiqi, M.Y., Silim, S.M., Vidmar, J.J., Zhuo, D. 2001. Nitrogen transport in plants, with an emphasis on the regulation of fluxes to match plant demand. J. Plant Nutr. Soil Sci. 164:199–207.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- McIntosh, R.A., Hart, G.E., Devos, K.M., Gale, M.D., Rogers, W.J. 1998. Catalogue of gene symbols for wheat. In: Slinkard, A.E. (ed.), Proc 9 th Int. Wheat Genet. Symp., vol. 5, University Extension Press, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada. pp. 1–236.Google Scholar
- McIntosh, R.A., Devos, K.M., Dubcovsky, J., Rogers, W.J. 2000. Catalogue of gene symbols for wheat. 2000 Supplement Wheat Information Service 91:33–70.Google Scholar
- Mirat Fertilizantes (Fertilizers). 2007. http://www.mirat.net/fertilizantes/nutricion/alimentplanta2.htm
- Picca, A., Helguera, M., Salomón, N., Carrera, A. 2004. Molecular markers. In: Biotechnology and plant breeding. Ed. INTA. Online. pp. 61–68.Google Scholar
- UNEP. 1999. Global environment outlook 2000. United Nations Environment Programme and London Earthscan, Nairobi, Kenya.Google Scholar
- Varshney, R.K., Korzun, V., Börner, A. 2004. Molecular maps in cereals: Methodology and progress. In: Gupta, P.K., Varshney, R.K. (eds), Cereal Genomics. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands. pp. 35–82.Google Scholar
- Worland, A.J., Korzun, V., Röder, M.S., Ganal, M.W., Law, C.N. 1998. Genetic analysis of the dwarfing gene Rht8 in wheat. Part II. The distribution and adaptive significance of allelic variants at the Rht8 locus of wheat as revealed by microsatellite screening. Theor. Appl. Genet. 96:1110–1120.CrossRefGoogle Scholar