Multiple Traits QTL for Fusarium Headblight Resistance on the Wheat Chromosome 2DS, Qfhs.Kibr-2DS, and its Relationship with Plant Height
The FHB resistance QTL region of wheat chromosome 2DS (QFhs.kibr-2D) flanks the reduced height gene Rht8, which might be a resistance gene complex consisting of morphological traits controlled by Rht8 for type I resistance and a specific gene(s) to control type II resistance by detoxification of DON. In this paper, we discussed relationship between plant height and FHB resistance for the QTL on the wheat chromosome 2DS, QFhs.kibr-2DS.
KeywordsFusarium head blight (FHB) Multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) Mycotoxin quantitative trait loci (QTL) plant height resistance breeding Triticum aestivum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bai, G.H., Xiao, Q.P., Mei, J.F. 1989. Studies on the inheritance of scab resistance in six wheat varieties. Acta Agreculturae Shanghai 5(4):17–23.Google Scholar
- Bai, G.H., Zhou, C.F., Qian, C.M. 1990. Genetic analysis on resistant genes to scab extension in wheat cultivars. Advances in researches on inheritance to disease in major crops. Zhu, L.H. (ed), Jiangsu Sci-Tech. Publishing House, Nanjing, China, pp. 171–177.Google Scholar
- Li, H.B., Zhou, M.P., Liu, Z.H., Zhang, X., Zhu, Z.W., Ren, L.J., Huang, Y.H., Shen, X.R., Lu, W.Z. 2001. Breeding and its characteristics of new wheat variety Shenkang 2. Jiangsu Agricultural Sciences 3:23–24.Google Scholar
- Lu, W.Z., Chen, S.H., Ma, H.X., Ma, T.B., Zhou, M.P., Zhang, B.Q., Li, H.B., Zhang, Y. 2003. A new wheat variety with high quality, high yield and resistance to wheat scab-Shengxuan 3. Jianssu Journal of Agricultural Sciences 19(2):69.Google Scholar
- Lu, W.Z., Chen, S.H., Shen, X.R., Zhou, C.F., Zhang,, J.J., Wang, Y.H. 1998. Study on utilization of cell engineering in breeding wheat for scab resistance. Acta Agriculturae Jiangsu 14(1):9–14.Google Scholar
- Lu, W.Z., Ma, H.X. 2007. A new wheat variety with high yield and resistance to wheat scab-Shengxuan 4. Jiangsu Agricultural Sciences 4:39.Google Scholar
- Qian, C.M., Zhou, C.F., Yao, G.C., Yao, J.B., Sheng, P.Y., Yang, X.M. 1999. Breeding and application of new wheat variety, Ningmai 9. Jiangsu Agricultural Sciences 3:19–20.Google Scholar
- Qian, C.M., Yang, X.M., Yao, G.C., Yao, J.B., Zhou, C.F. 2006. Breeding and application of new wheat variety, Ningmai 13 with high-yield and better quality. Jiangsu Agricultural Sciences 5:36–37.Google Scholar
- Xia, S.S., Zhou, C.F., Qian, C.M., Yao, G.C. 1984. A preliminary study on the inheritance of resistance to scab in wheat varieties,Sumai 3 and Wangshuibai. Jiangsu Agricultural Science. 8:5–8.Google Scholar
- Yao, J.B., Wang, S.W., Yao, G.C., Yang, X.M., Qian, C.M. 2004. Inheritance of Resistance to Head Scab in Wheat Cultivars. Acta Agronomica Sinica 30(6):577–581.Google Scholar
- Yao, J.B., Ge, Y.F., Wang, S.W., Zhou, C.F., Qian, C.M. 1997. Chromosomal location of genes for scab resistance in wheat cultivar Sumai 3. Acta Agronomica Sinica 23(4):450–453.Google Scholar
- Yao, J.B., Yao, G.C., Yang, X.M., Qian, C.M. 2006. Evaluation and selection of wheat varieties resistant to wheat spindle streak mosaic virus. Journal of Triticeae Crops 27(2):345–348.Google Scholar
- Yao, J.B., Zhou, C.F., Qian, C.M., Yao, G.C., Yang, X.M. 1998. Progress of shuttle breeding and its prospect in wheat between Jiangsu and CIMMYT. Tritical Crops 18(5):14–16.Google Scholar
- Zhou, C.F., Xia, S.S., Qian, C.M., Yao, G.C., Shen, J.X. 1987. On the problem of wheat breeding for scab resistance. Scientia Agricultura Sinica 20(2):19–25.Google Scholar
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.