The Effect of Liquid and Solid Medium on Production of Winter Triticale (× Triticosecale Wittm.) Anther-Derived Embryos and Plants
The efficiency of anther culture induction in solid and liquid medium C17 was compared for nine triticale genotypes. For all genotypes androgenic embryos and green plants efficiency was higher on liquid medium. On liquid medium 22.2–135.9 and on solid medium 27.5–121.3 androgenic embryos/100 anthers were produced. The embryos were transferred to a regeneration medium 190-2 and also a higher number of green plants (ranging from 3.0 to 31.4/100 anthers) were obtained in liquid culture compared with the yield of plants (1.6–21.0) on solid medium.
Keywordsanther culture winter triticale liquid and solid medium androgenic plants
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chu, C.C., Wang, C.C., Sun, C.S., Hsu, C., Yin, K.C., Chu, C.Y., Bi, F.Y. 1975. Establishment of an efficient medium for anther culture of rice through comparative experiments on the nitrogen sources. Sci. Sin. 18:659–668.Google Scholar
- Monostori, T., Puolimatka, M., Pauk, J. 1998. Triticale (× Triticosecale Wittmack) in vitro androgenesis in isolated microspore culture. Növénytermelés 47:371–382.Google Scholar
- Ponitka, A., Ślusarkiewicz-Jarzina, A., Wędzony, M., Marcińska, I., Woźna, J. 1999. The influence of various in vitro culture conditions on androgenetic embryo induction and plant regeneration from hexaploid triticale (× Triticosecale Wittm.). J. Appl. Genet. 40:165–174.Google Scholar
- Sharma, C.C., Wang, W.C., Sapra, V.T. 1982. Effect of genotype, media and temperature pretreatment on callus initiation in triticale, wheat and rye anther cultures. Cereal Res. Comm. 10:143–150.Google Scholar
- Sozinov, A., Lukyanyuk, S., Ignatova, S. 1981. Anther cultivation and induction of haploid plants in triticale. Z. Pflanzenzüchtg. 86:272–285.Google Scholar
- Ślusarkiewicz-Jarzina, A., Ponitka, A. 1997. Effect of genotype and media composition on embryoid induction and plant regeneration from anther culture in triticale. J. Appl. Genet. 38:253–258.Google Scholar
- Ślusarkiewicz-Jarzina, A., Ponitka, A. 2003. Efficient production of spontaneous and induced doubled haploid triticale plants derived from anther culture. Cereal Res. Comm. 31:289–296.Google Scholar
- Wang, P., Chen, Y. 1983. Preliminary study on production of height of pollen H2 generation in winter wheat grown in the field. Acta Agron. Sin. 9:283–284.Google Scholar
- Zhuang, J.J., Xu, J. 1983. Increasing differentiation frequencies in wheat pollen callus. In: Cell and Tissue Culture Techniques for Cereal Crop Improvement. Science Press, Beijing, p. 431.Google Scholar