How Messengers Modulate the Shifting of Spontaneously Generated Action Potential Into Bursts of Potentials in Central Snail Neuron?
How messengers modulate the shifting of spontaneously generated action potential into bursts of potentials (BoP) is studied electrophysiologically and biochemically in RP 1 and 4 neurons of the African snail, Achatina fulica Ferussac using d- and l-amphetamine (Amp) as modulator. The stereospecific effects, extracellular and intracellular ionic effects, messenger related to enzymatic effects and membrane ionic currents effects on BoP elicited by Amp are studied. The roles of organelles, such as mitochondria, protein syntheis related endoplasmic-reticulum, on the BoP are also tested. The messengers modulated the BoP are discussed.
KeywordsAmphetamine bursts of potentials messengers ionic current cAMP protein synthesis inhibitor calcium image modulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Arvanov, V. L., Chen, R. C., Chen, Y. H., Chang, Y. C., Liou, H. H., Arvanov, V. A., Tsai, M. C. (1994) Modulation of pentylenetetrazol induced bursting activity by elelctrogenic Na pump. Asia: Pacific. J. Pharmacol. 9, 37–42.Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, I. N., Chen, C. H., Sheu, J. C., Lee, H. S., Huang, G. T., Chen, D. S., Yu, C. Y., Wen, C. L., Lu, F. J., Chow, L. P. (2006) Identification of complement C3a as a candidate biomarker in human chronic hepatitis C and HCV-related hepatocellular carcinoma using a proteomics approach. Proteomic. 6, 2865–2873.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Lin, C. H., Tsai, M. C. (2005) The modulation effects of d-amphetamine and procaine on the spontaneously generated action potentials in the central neuron of snail, Achatina fulica Ferussac. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. C. Toxicol. Pharmacol. 141, 58–68.Google Scholar
- 9.Lin, C. H., Wu, C. L., Lin, M. S., Liu, M. C., Lin, P. J., Tsai, M. C. (2005) Effects of 2,3-butanedione monoxime on induction of action potential bursts in central snail neurons: direct and indirect modulations of ionic currents. Pharmacolog. 73, 57–69.Google Scholar
- 10.Lin, C. K., Lin, P. J., Chen, I. M., Chen, I. H., Lin, P. L., Zhuravlev, V. L., Tsai, M. C. (2006) Seizure discharges induced by amphetamine in neuron of african snail Achatina fulica: effects of phosphodiesterase inhibitors. Zh: Evol. Biokhim. Fiziol. 42, 134–139.Google Scholar
- 15.Tsai, M. C., Chen, Y. H. (1995) Bursting firing of action potential in central snail neuron elicited by d-amphetamine: role of electrogenic sodium pump. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 111c, 131–141.Google Scholar
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.