Quantitative Determination of Eugenol from Cinnamomum tamala Nees and Eberm. Leaf Powder and Polyherbal Formulation Using Reverse Phase Liquid Chromatography
- 367 Downloads
A simple, rapid and precise reverse-phase high performance liquid chromatographic method has been developed for the quantitative determination of eugenol from the extract of dried powder of Cinnamomum tamala leaves and its polyherbal formulation. Chromatographic analysis was carried out on Zorbax C18 column (150 mm × 4.6 mm, 5 μm) with a mobile phase of mixture of water, acetonitrile and methanol in the volume ratio of 50:40:10, at a flow rate of 1.0 mL min-1. Quantitation was performed using a UV-visible detector at 210 nm. Good linearity was obtained over the ranges of 0.20–3.0 μg mL-1 for eugenol.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography HPLC Eugenol Cinnamomum tamala Nees Eberm leaf powder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kirtikar and Basu (1981) Indian Medicinal Plants. Second Edition, Published by Lalit- Mohan Basu, India, 3:2146–2147Google Scholar
- Kapoor LD (2000) CRC Handbook of Ayurvedic Medicinal Plants CRC Press, Inc. Boca Raton, Florida, pp 117Google Scholar
- Kermasha S, Goetghebeur M, Dumont J (1994) Lebensm-Wiss Technol 27(6):578–582Google Scholar
- Yuwono M, Siswandono, Hafid AF, Poernomo AT, Agil M, Indrayanto G, Ebel S, (2002) Analytical Profiles and Drug Substances and Excipients. Academic Press, Elsevier Sceince (USA) 29:149–177Google Scholar
- Snyder LR, Kirland JJ, Glajch JL (1997) Practical HPLC method development, Second Edition, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., U.S.AGoogle Scholar
- Validation of Analytical Procedures (1996):Methodology, ICH Harmonised Tripartite guidelines, Adoption on 6 NovemberGoogle Scholar
- Eksteen KR, Schoenmakers P (1998) Chromatography Science Series, Handbook of HPLC, Vol 78Google Scholar
- Szepesi G (1992) How to used reversed phase HPLC? VCH Publishers, Inc. USAGoogle Scholar
- Text on Validation of Analytical Procedures, (1994), ICH Harmonised Tripartite guidelines, Adoption on 27 OctoberGoogle Scholar
- Myint S, Daud WRW, Mohamad BA, Kadhum HAA (1996) J Chromatogr B 679:193–195Google Scholar