Metal particle deposition stimulation by surface abrasive treatment in gas dynamic spraying
- 239 Downloads
Processes of supersonic blasting for producing thin metal coatings and of cold spray for producing thick coatings by solid metal particle jets are based on the particle plastic deformation. Extensive plastic deformation of accelerated metal particles at the surface roughness was observed. The possibility of stimulation of metal particle deposition by the substrate and coating blasting by ceramic particles was experimentally confirmed. The process of thick coating creation by the mixed metal-ceramic powder supersonic jet is presented.
Keywordsceramic powder gas dynamic spray metal coatings metal powder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A.P. Alkhimov, V.F. Kosarev, and A.N. Papyrin, The Method of Cold Gas Dynamic Spray, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1990, 315(5), p 1062–1065, in RussianGoogle Scholar
- 3.C.F. Rocheville, “Device for Treating the Surface of a Workpiece,” U.S. Patent 3,100,724, Aug 13, 1963Google Scholar
- 4.A. Papyrin, Cold Spray Technology, Adv. Mater. Process 2001, 159(9), p 49–51Google Scholar
- 6.H. Assadi, F. Gartner, T. Stoltenhoff, and H. Kreye, Application of Analytical Methods for Understanding and Optimization of Cold Spray Process, Proc. Sixth Colloquium on HVOF Spraying, Nov 27–28, 2003 (Erding, Germany), p 49–59Google Scholar
- 7.O.F. Klyuev, A.I. Kashirin, T.V. Buzdygar, and A.V. Shkodkin, Equipment “DYMET” for Applying of Metal Coatings at the Manufacturing and Repair of Machine Parts, Svarochnoe Proizvodstvo, 2005, 9, p 43–47Google Scholar
- 8.A.N. Papyrin, S.V. Klinkov, and V.F. Kosarev, Modeling of Particle-Substrate Adhesive Interaction Under Cold Spray Process Cold Spray 2004: An Emerging Spray Coating Technology, Sept 27–28, 2004 (Akron, OH), ASM International, 2004Google Scholar
- 9.T.V. Buzdygar, A.I. Kashirin, O.F. Klyuev, and Yu.I. Portnyagin, “Method for Applying Coatings,” Russian Federation Patent 2,038,411. June 27, 1993Google Scholar
- 10.A.I. Kashirin, O.F. Klyuev, and T.V. Buzdygar, “Apparatus for Gas-Dynamic Coating,” U.S. Patent 6,402,050, June 11, 2002Google Scholar