Novel layered pesticide slow/controlled release materials—supramolecular structure and slow release property of glyphosate intercalated layered double hydroxides
- 66 Downloads
Two different interlayer structured glyphosate (GLY) intercalated MgAl layered double hydroxides, as novel pesticide slow/controlled release materials, have been synthesized by co-precipitation method under various reaction pH values. The slow/controlled release properties have been tested in Na2CO3 aqueous solution. The release mechanism has been interpreted on the basis of the ion-exchange between the guest GLY anions in the lamellar host and CO32− in the release media, and the diffusion process of GLY anions in the interstice and interlayer of GLY intercalates, i.e. diffusion through the particles, is the rate-limiting step of GLY release process. The GLY intercalate assembled at lower pH, possessing higher interlayer gallery height and vertical monolayered arrangement of guest anions in the interlayer with larger packing density, exhibits better slow release property than that assembled at higher pH. The results reveal that the layered double hydroxides have potential application in the pesticide slow/controlled release area.
Keywordslayered double hydroxides co-precipitation slow/controlled release materials supramolecular structure glyphosate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Khan, A. I., Lei, L., Norquist, A. J. et al., Intercalation and controlled release of pharmaceutically active compounds from a layered double hydroxide, Chem. Commun., 2001, (22): 2342–2343.Google Scholar
- 9.Ambrogi, V., Fardella, G., Grandolini, G.et al., Intercalation compounds of hydrotalcite-like anionic clays with anti-inflammatory agents, II: uptake of diclofenac for a controlled release formulation, AAPS Pharm. Sci. Tech., 2002, 3(3): article 26.Google Scholar
- 12.Meng, J. H., Zhang, H., Evans, D. G., Duan, X., Studies on assembly and structure of supramolecular glyphosate intercalated magnesium-aluminum layered double hydroxide, Chem. J. Chinese U. (in Chinese), 2003, 24(7): 1315–1319.Google Scholar
- 16.Inorganic Chemisty Staff Room of Dalian University of Technology, Inorganic Chemisty (in Chinese), Beijing: Higher Education Press, 1984, 351–351.Google Scholar
- 18.Kaliannan, P., Ali, M. M. N., Seethalakshmi, T. et al., Electronic structure and conformation of glyphosate: an ab initio MO study, J. Mol. Struct., 2002, 618: 117–125.Google Scholar