Construction of a genetic linkage map for cotton based on SRAP
- 131 Downloads
A genetic linkage map of cotton was constructed with a newly developed molecular marker-SRAP (sequence-related amplified polymorphism) using a population consisting of 129 F2 individuals derived from the interspecific cross of “Handan208” × “Pima90”. A total of 136 primer pairs were used to detect polymorphisms between the two parents and 76 primer pairs with better polymorphisms were picked out to analyze the F2 population. 285 polymorphic bands were generated in total with an average of 3.75 polymorphic bands per pair of primers. The primer pair showing most polymorphic bands was the combination of me3 and em2, which produced 13 polymorphic bands. The 285 loci were used to construct linkage map with MAP-MAKER/EXP3.0 and 237 loci were mapped at a LOD≥3.0 on 39 linkage groups. The total length of the map is 3030.7 cM, covering 65.4% of the whole cotton genome, and the average distance between adjacent markers is 12.79 cM. All the markers are distributed evenly among the linkage groups without clustering of loci. This is the first linkage map of cotton comprised of SRAP markers.
Keywordscotton SRAP (sequence-related amplified polymorphism) molecular marker genetic linkage map
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Reinisch, A. J., Dong, J. M., Brubaker, C. L. et al., A detailed RFLP map of cotton, Gossypium hirsutum×Gossypium barbadense: Chromosome organization and evolution in a disomic polyploid genome, Genetics, 1994, 138: 829–847.Google Scholar
- 3.Jiang, C. X., Wright, R. J., El-Zik, K. M. et al., Polyploid formation created unique avenues for response to selection in Gossypium (cotton), Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 1998, 95: 1419–1424.Google Scholar
- 4.Ullia, M., Meredith, W. R., Genetic linkage map and QTL analysis of agronomic and fiber quality traits in an intraspecific population, The Journal of Cotton Science, 2000, 4: 161–170.Google Scholar
- 5.Zuo, K. J., Sun, J. Z., Zhang, X. L. et al., Constructing a linkage map of upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) using RFLP, RAPD and SSR markers, Journal of Huazhong Agricultural University, 2000, 19(3): 190–193.Google Scholar
- 11.Paterson, A. H., Curt, L. B., Wendel, J. F., A rapid method for extraction of cotton (Gossypium spp.) genomic DNA suitable for RFLP and PCR analysis, Plant Mol. Bil. Rep., 1993, 11: 112–127.Google Scholar
- 13.Wu, G. Y., Pan, H. Z., Wu, Y., Protocols of common experimental data for biochemistry and molecular biology, Beijing: Science Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- 14.Lincoln, S., Daly, M., Lander, E. S., Construction genetic maps with MAPMAKER/EXP 3.0, Whitehead Institute Technical Report, 2nd ed., Cambridge: Whitehead Institute, 1992.Google Scholar