Retraction Note: Temporal activation of anti- and pro-apoptotic factors in human gingival fibroblasts infected with the periodontal pathogen, Porphyromonas gingivalis: potential role of bacterial proteases in host signalling
- 394 Downloads
Retraction note: BMC Microbiol 2006, 6
The Editor has retracted this article  following an investigation by the University of South Alabama which found:
• The same Western blot images were used for Caspase-7 (Fig. 4C) and AKT (Ser473, MT + I) (Fig. 7)
• In Fig. 4D, the 6 h band for MT was replicated, the image was then inverted and the band was used for the 36 h time point
• In Fig. 7, the same Western blot image was used to demonstrate responses in MT + I for PDK-1 (P-Ser241) and P-GSK-3beta
• In Fig. 7, the blot for P-FKHR-L1 at time point 0 was replicated and used for the 24 h time point
Sailen Barik, Vira Bitko, Toshihiro Ansai and Sonya Urnowey do not agree with this retraction. Koji Nakayama and Tadamichi Takehara have not responded to any correspondence about this retraction.
- 1.Urnowey S, Ansai T, Bitko V, Nakayama K, Takehara T, Barik S. Temporal activation of anti- and pro-apoptotic factors in human gingival fibroblasts infected with the periodontal pathogen, Porphyromonas gingivalis: potential role of bacterial proteases in host signalling. BMC Microbiol. 2006;6:26. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2180-6-26.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.