A Tool Kit for New Chairs
- 53 Downloads
Many chairs come to their position without the benefit of previous experience in the role of leading an academic department. The American Association of Chairs of Departments of Psychiatry (AACDP) identified the need for a manual designed to help a new chair get started. The “tool kit” that emerged contains sections that describe the AACDP, outline key issues and responsibilities of a department chair and review a variety of resources available to assist a new chair. The manual is used to supplement orientation sessions at AACDP meetings and is given to new chairs who are unable to attend these sessions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Morrison V: In the garden, in No Guru, No Method, No Teacher. Cadedonian Production, Essential Productions, 1986Google Scholar
- 2.Mueller T, McCarthy M, Levy BR, et al: Membership orientation manual. Hartford, American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency training, 2003Google Scholar
- 3.Racy JC: The physician and human uniqueness. Tucson, AZ, University of Arizona School of Medicine, 2001Google Scholar
- 4.Joyce J: The dead, in Dubliners. New York, Random House, 1926Google Scholar
- 5.Bogdanich R: 2001 Academic psychiatry benchmarking survey. Ann Arbor, MI, Administrators in Academic Psychiatry, 2002Google Scholar
- 6.Biebuyck JF, Mallon WT: The successful medical school department chair: a guide to good institutional practices. Washington, DC, American Association of Medical Colleges, 2003Google Scholar
- 7.Report of the council of academic societies chairs objectives project panel. Washington, DC, American Association of Medical Colleges, 2002Google Scholar