The synthetic fragrant compounds based on 2-tert-butylcyclohexanol
- 34 Downloads
The reaction of 2-tert-butylcyclohexanol with dimethyl carbonate resulting in 2-tert-butylcyclohexylmethyl carbonate (1a) and di-(2-tert-butylcyclohexyl) carbonate (1b) was studied. A second part investigates the reactions of 2-tert-butylcyclohexanone (obtained by dehydrogenation of 2-tert-butylcyclohexanol) with diols resulting in the corresponding ketals. The sensoric and fragrant characteristics of the synthesized compounds were also described.
KeywordsDiol Odour Potassium Carbonate Dimethyl Carbonate Methyl Carbonate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O.M. Kut, U.R. Datwyler and G. Gut, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 27, 213 (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.U.R. Datwyler, PhD. Thesis 8131, ETH Zurich, 1986.Google Scholar
- 3.O.M. Kut, U.R. Datwyler and G. Gut, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 27, 217 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.D.J. Murzin and O.R. Koruspaev, Kinet. Katal, 33, 540 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Arctander, Perfume and Flavor Chemicals, Published by the author, Monclair, New Jersey, 1969.Google Scholar
- 7.L.J. Dankert, I. Township, M. County and D.A. Permoda, US Patent 3 124 614 (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.L.A. Chejfic, Zhur. Khim. Obshch. im Meddeleeva, 9, 706 (1964).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Kulesza, J. Gora, J. Podlejski, U. Antczak, W. Brud, M. Pilecki and A. Volinski, Pol. Patent 157900 (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Kulescza, J. Gora, J. Kaminska and U. Antczak, TSPK Polena, 10/73, XVII.Google Scholar
- 12.Z. Belohlav, Random Walk computer program.Google Scholar