A key to progress: Identification of the state of catalysts during the catalytic reaction
- 22 Downloads
We stress the importance of identifying the state in which catalysts are during the catalytic reaction. Catalysts as prepared do not correspond to the real working catalyst. Several examples will be recalled, and a new one (Mo-Te-O catalyst) will be mentioned. In a more detailed way, it will be shown that the working state of MoO3 is MoxO3x-2 with 8 ≤x≤18. The pitfalls encountered when focusing on catalysts as prepared (as opposed to catalysts “as they work”) is illustrated in the case of mixed SbxMoyOz oxides which decompose spontaneously during the reaction.
KeywordsCatalytic Reaction Tellurium Riser Selective Oxidation Isobutene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S. Zeyß, P. Ruiz and B. Delmon, submitted.Google Scholar
- 8.T.V. Andrushkevich, G.K. Borskov, L.L. Kuznetsova, L.M. Plyasova, Y.N. Tyurin and Y.M. Shchekochikhin, Kinet. Katal., 15, 424 (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.L.E. Cadus, Y.L. Xiong, F.J. Gotor, D. Acosta, J. Naud, P. Ruiz and B. Delmon, in: New Developments in Selective Oxidation II, V. Cortés Coberan and S.V. Bellon (Eds.), Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1994, p. 41.Google Scholar
- 12.B. Delmon, Lectrue, 3rd World Congress on Oxidation Catalysis, San Diego (USA), Sept. 21–26, 1997, accepted for publication.Google Scholar
- 19.E. Gaigneaux, E.E. Wolf, P. Ruiz and B. Delmon, (6th Iketani Conf., Tokyo, Nov. 25–27, 1996), Appl. Surf. Science, in press.Google Scholar
- 22.E. Gaugneaux, to be published.Google Scholar
- 25.E. Godard, E. Gaigneauz, P. Ruiz and B. Delmon, to be published.Google Scholar
- 26.B. Delmon, Lecture, 7th Intern. Symp. On catalyst deactivation, Cancún, Mexico, Oct. 5–8, 1997, accepted for publication.Google Scholar
- 27.M. Hamada, H. Niwa, Y. Sasaki, M. Oguri, US Patent: 5,426,243 (to Tosoh Co.) (June 20, 1995).Google Scholar
- 29.T. Hayashi and M. Haruta, Shokubai, 37, 72 (1995).Google Scholar
- 33.Y. Moro-Oka, invited commun., OA 21, First Asia-Pacific Corgr., Kyongju (Korea), Nov. 2–5. 1997.Google Scholar