Blind Multiuser Detection by Kurtosis Maximization for Asynchronous Multirate DS/CDMA Systems
- 801 Downloads
Chi et al. proposed a fast kurtosis maximization algorithm (FKMA) for blind equalization/deconvolution of multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) linear time-invariant systems. This algorithm has been applied to blind multiuser detection of single-rate direct-sequence/code-division multiple-access (DS/CDMA) systems and blind source separation (or independent component analysis). In this paper, the FKMA is further applied to blind multiuser detection for multirate DS/CDMA systems. The ideas are to properly formulate discrete-time MIMO signal models by converting real multirate users into single-rate virtual users, followed by the use of FKMA for extraction of virtual users' data sequences associated with the desired user, and recovery of the data sequence of the desired user from estimated virtual users' data sequences. Assuming that all the users' spreading sequences are given a priori, two multirate blind multiuser detection algorithms (with either a single receive antenna or multiple antennas), which also enjoy the merits of superexponential convergence rate and guaranteed convergence of the FKMA, are proposed in the paper, one based on a convolutional MIMO signal model and the other based on an instantaneous MIMO signal model. Some simulation results are then presented to demonstrate their effectiveness and to provide a performance comparison with some existing algorithms.
KeywordsInformation Technology Data Sequence Convergence Rate Performance Comparison Quantum Information
- 6.Chi C-Y, Feng C-C, Chen C-H, Chen C-Y: Blind Equalization and System Identification. Springer, London, UK; 2006.Google Scholar
- 10.Ottosson T, Svensson A: Multi-rate schemes in DS/CDMA systems. Proceedings of the 45th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, July 1995, Chicago, Ill, USA 2: 1006–1010.Google Scholar
- 11.Tsatsanis MK, Xu Z, Lu X: Blind multiuser detectors for dual rate DS-CDMA systems over frequency selective channels. Proceedings of European Signal Processing Conference, September 2000, Tampere, Finland 2: 631–634.Google Scholar
- 14.Xu Z, Liu P: Code constrained CMA-based multirate multiuser detection. Proceedings of the Conference Record of the 35th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers , November 2001, Pacific Grove, Calif, USA 2: 1455–1459.Google Scholar
- 16.Chung M-H, Chen K-C, You MY: MMSE multiuser detection for multi-rate wideband CDMA communications. Proceedings of 11th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '00), September 2000, London, UK 1: 534–538.Google Scholar
- 26.Chi C-Y, Chen C-Y: Blind beamforming and maximum ratio combining by kurtosis maximization for source separation in multipath. Proceedings of IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications, March 2001, Taoyuan, Taiwan 243–246.Google Scholar
- 30.Peng C-H, Chi C-Y, Chang I-C, Kuo C-H: A blind space-time decoding algorithm by kurtosis maximization for the down-link of MC-CDMA systems. Proceedings of 5th IEEE International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS '05), December 2005, Bangkok, ThailandGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 International License (https://doi.org/creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.