Phase diagram of argon: The prediction of the coexisting liquid and vapor densities of argon near the critical point
- 83 Downloads
This work reports on the prediction of the liquid-vapor densities as well as the rectilinear diameter of argon in the vicinity of the critical region. A previously formulated equation of state (EOS) [A. Rizi, A. Abbaci, J. Mol. Liq. 171, 64 (2012)] based on the Landau-Ginzburg crossover formalism for argon is used for this purpose. We thus present a comparison of the crossover model equation of argon with the experimental phase equilibrium data and describe the singularity of the rectilinear diameter very close to the critical point. The obtained results show that percent deviations between the experimental data and the calculated rectilinear diameter from the crossover model do not exceed 0.05%.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M.E. Fisher, Lectures Notes in Physics, edited by F.J.W. Hahne (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1982), Vol. 186 Google Scholar
- 4.A. Abbaci, Ph.D. thesis, University of Maryland, 1991Google Scholar
- 9.A. Abbaci, Iranian J. Chem. & Chem. Engn. 24, 103 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.A. Abbaci, A. Berrezeg, J. Soc. Alg. Chim. 13, 9 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.L. Cailletet, E.C. Mathias, R. Acad. Sci. 102, 1202 (1886)Google Scholar
- 15.A. Abbaci, Scientific Study & Research. Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Food Industry 7, 281 (2011)Google Scholar