Theoretical investigation of the doubly stratified flow of an Eyring-Powell nanomaterial via heat generation/absorption
- 110 Downloads
The mixed convective flow of an Eyring-Powell nanomaterial in a doubly stratified medium is addressed in this paper. The stretching surface has varying thickness. The nanofluid model given by Buongiorno is utilized in the formulation of energy and concentration expressions. Heat generation is also retained. Ordinary differential systems are obtained by utilizing the transformations procedure. Homotopy series solutions containing exponentially functions are developed. Significant characteristics of influential variables for velocity, temperature, nanoparticle concentration, skin friction coefficient and Nusselt and Sherwood numbers are reported through graphs and tables. It is found that stratification phenomenon leads to a decay in temperature and nanoparticle concentration.
- 3.S.U.S. Choi, J.A. Eastman, Enhancing thermal conductivity of fluids with nanoparticles, in The Proceedings of the 1995 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, San Francisco, USA, FED 231/MD, 66 (ASME, 1995) pp. 99--105Google Scholar
- 16.M. Waqas, M.I. Khan, T. Hayat, A. Alsaedi, Results Phys. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2017.06.030
- 30.T. Hayat, F. Shah, A. Alsaedi, Z. Hussain, Results Phys. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2017.06.045
- 31.S.J. Liao, Homotopic Analysis Method in Nonlinear Differential Equations (Springer, Heidelberg, 2012)Google Scholar
- 34.S. Qayyum, T. Hayat, A. Alsaedi, Results Phys. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2017.07.043
- 41.T. Hayat, S. Qayyum, M.I. Khan, A. Alsaedi, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2017.09.124 (2017)
- 45.M. Waqas, T. Hayat, S.A. Shehzad, A. Alsaedi, Physica B (2017) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physb.2017.09.128
Open Access This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.