Accurate characterisation of the C(3)1Σ+ state of the NaRb molecule
- 114 Downloads
We present a first detailed experimental study of the C(3)1Σ+ state of the NaRb molecule converging to the Na(3p) + Rb(5s) states of separated atoms. Two different high resolution spectroscopic methods have been applied: the Fourier transform spectroscopy of laser induced fluorescence and the V-type optical-optical double resonance polarization labeling spectroscopy. The entire data field for the C1Σ+ state of Na85Rb and Na87Rb consists of rovibrational levels with v'=0–64 and J'=4–123. The data were incorporated into a direct fit of a single potential energy curve to the level energies using the Inverted Perturbation Approach method. As the experimental data extend to the “shelf" region of the potential at large internuclear separations of 8.5 Å, the C state's suitability for photoassociation yielding cold heteronuclear NaRb is discussed.
KeywordsEnergy Curve Entire Data Double Resonance Potential Energy Curve Accurate Characterisation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- For an overview of the present activitities in the field of ultracold molecules, see special issue Eur. Phys. J. D 31, No. 2 (2004) Google Scholar
- M. Aymar, O. Dulieu, private communication (2004) Google Scholar
- O. Docenko, M. Tamanis, R. Ferber, A. Pashov, H. Knöckel, E. Tiemann, Eur. Phys. J. D (2005, submitted) Google Scholar
- O. Allard, C. Samuelis, A. Pashov, H. Knöckel, E. Tiemann, Eur. Phys. J. D 26, 155 (2003) Google Scholar
- W.H. Press, S.A. Teukolski, W.T. Vetterling, B.P. Flannery, Numerical Recipes in Fortran 77 (Cambrige Unversity Press, 1992) Google Scholar
- A. Pashov, O. Docenko, M. Tamanis, R. Ferber, H. Knöckel, E. Tiemann, Phys. Rev. A (2005, submitted) Google Scholar