Imperfect spreading on temporal networks
We study spreading on networks where the contact dynamics between the nodes is governed by a random process and where the inter-contact time distribution may differ from the exponential. We consider a process of imperfect spreading, where transmission is successful with a determined probability at each contact. We first derive an expression for the inter-success time distribution, determining the speed of the propagation, and then focus on a problem related to epidemic spreading, by estimating the epidemic threshold in a system where nodes remain infectious during a finite, random period of time. Finally, we discuss the implications of our work to design an efficient strategy to enhance spreading on temporal networks.
KeywordsPoisson Process Reproduction Number Basic Reproduction Number Temporal Network Epidemic Spreading
- 1.M.E.J. Newman, Networks: an introduction (Oxford University Press, New-York, 2010)Google Scholar
- 12.M. Karsai, K. Kimmo, A.L. Barabasi, J. Kertesz, Sci. Rep. 2, 397 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.H. Wearing, P. Rohani, M. Keeling, PLoS Medicine 2, 621 (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.M. Kivelä, R.K. Pan, K. Kaski, J. Kertész, J. Saramäki, M. Karsai, J. Stat. Mech 03, 05 (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.J.-C. Delvenne, R. Lambiotte, L.E.C. Rocha, Nat. Commun. (2015)Google Scholar