Imperfect spreading on temporal networks
- 178 Downloads
We study spreading on networks where the contact dynamics between the nodes is governed by a random process and where the inter-contact time distribution may differ from the exponential. We consider a process of imperfect spreading, where transmission is successful with a determined probability at each contact. We first derive an expression for the inter-success time distribution, determining the speed of the propagation, and then focus on a problem related to epidemic spreading, by estimating the epidemic threshold in a system where nodes remain infectious during a finite, random period of time. Finally, we discuss the implications of our work to design an efficient strategy to enhance spreading on temporal networks.
- 1.M.E.J. Newman, Networks: an introduction (Oxford University Press, New-York, 2010)Google Scholar
- 12.M. Karsai, K. Kimmo, A.L. Barabasi, J. Kertesz, Sci. Rep. 2, 397 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.H. Wearing, P. Rohani, M. Keeling, PLoS Medicine 2, 621 (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.M. Kivelä, R.K. Pan, K. Kaski, J. Kertész, J. Saramäki, M. Karsai, J. Stat. Mech 03, 05 (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.J.-C. Delvenne, R. Lambiotte, L.E.C. Rocha, Nat. Commun. (2015)Google Scholar