Measurement of η photoproduction on the proton from threshold to 1500 MeV
- 81 Downloads
Beam asymmetry and differential cross-section for the reaction γp → ηp were measured from production threshold to 1500MeV photon laboratory energy. The two dominant neutral decay modes of the η -meson, η → 2γ and η → 3π0 , were analyzed. The full set of measurements is in good agreement with previously published results. Our data were compared with three models. They all fit satisfactorily the results but their respective resonance contributions are quite different. The possible photoexcitation of a narrow state N(1670) was investigated and no evidence was found.
PACS.13.60.Le Meson production 13.88.+e Polarization in interactions and scattering 25.20.Lj Photoproduction reactions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.D. Elsner, arXiv:nucl-ex/0702032.Google Scholar
- 20.F. Renard, Thesis, University J. Fourier (Grenoble) 1999, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 24.K.H. Althoff, Phys. Rev. C 18, 199 (1983)Google Scholar
- 29.W.-T. Chiang, C. Bennhold, L. Tiator, ETA-MAID2003 isobar model with single poles for vector meson exchangeGoogle Scholar
- 30.B. Saghai, private communication.Google Scholar
- 32.I. Jaegle, Proceedings of the NSTAR 2005 Workshop on the Physics of Excited Nucleons, Tallahassee, 2005, edited by S. Capstick, V. Crede, P. Eugenio (World Scientific, Singapore, 2006)Google Scholar
- 33.J. Kasagi, Talk at the Yukawa International Seminar YKIS2006, Kyoto, 2006, http://www2.yukawa.kyoto-u .ac.jp/$\sim$ykis06/.Google Scholar
- 34.A. Fantini, submitted to Phys. Rev. C.Google Scholar
- 35.V. Shklyar, H. Lenske, U. Mosel, arXiv.nucl-th/0611036 (2006).Google Scholar
- 36.A. Fix, L. Tiator, M.V. Polyakov, arXiv.nucl-th/0702034 (2007).Google Scholar
- 41.L. Tiator, private communication.Google Scholar