Acceleration behaviors of Fermi accelerator model excited by Van der Pol oscillator
- 10 Downloads
In this paper, we investigate on dynamics of a generalized Fermi accelerator model with a moving wall described by a nonlinear Van der Pol oscillator. Different acceleration behaviors appear due to the discontinuity brought by impact and the stationary periodic excitation of the moving wall. Utilizing the theory of discontinuous dynamical systems, acceleration mechanism of the particle is studied and the analytical conditions for stick motion and grazing motion are obtained. By the use of generic mappings between different boundaries including stick and non-stick motions, periodic motions of the Fermi accelerator can be constructed, and corresponding local stability and bifurcations can be discussed according to mapping dynamics. Finally, different acceleration behaviors including periodic, chatter and stick motions are presented and illustrated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S.M. Ulam, On some statistical properties of dynamical systems, in Proceedings of the fourth Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability (University of California Press, Berkeley, CA, 1961)Google Scholar
- 7.E.D. Leonel, M.R. Silva, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 41, 140 (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.B. van der Pol, Radio Rev. 1, 701 (1920)Google Scholar
- 15.J.J. Stoker, Nonlinear vibrations (Interscience, New York, 1950)Google Scholar
- 19.A.C. Luo, Discontinuous dynamical systems (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2012)Google Scholar
- 20.A.C. Luo, Singularity and dynamics on discontinuous vector fields (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2006)Google Scholar
- 21.A.C. Luo, Discontinuous dynamical systems on time-varying domains (Higher Education Press, Beijing, 2009)Google Scholar