Complexity of dynamic system switching between two subsystems with cornered boundaries
- 12 Downloads
Switching between systems widely exists in real world applications, for instance morphing aerospace vehicle has different shapes at different flight conditions, which leads the system properties and external excitations differ and introduces discontinuity to make the system become singularity. In this paper, a single degree of freedom dynamical system which has two states to switch will be investigated. Domains and boundaries will be defined in the state space, and the switch mechanism on the discontinuous boundaries will be discussed based on the theory of discontinuity. The onset and vanish conditions for the sliding motion of such a dynamical system will be given based on G-function and its higher order. The mapping structure and periodic motions will be described. Through analytical bifurcation analysis, the motion evolution characteristics will be obtained, and one periodic motion switch to another periodic motion through graze bifurcation is observed when the parameter varies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.P. Den Hartog, Trans. Am. Soc. Mech. Eng. 53, 107 (1931)Google Scholar
- 3.A.F. Filippov, Differential equations with discontinuous right-hand sides (Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1988)Google Scholar
- 4.M.A. Aizerman, E.S. Pyatnitskii, Autom. Remote Control 35, 1066 (1974)Google Scholar
- 5.M.A. Aizerman, E.S. Pyatnitskii, Autom. Remote Control 35, 1241 (1974)Google Scholar
- 8.R.N. Shorten, K.S. Narendra, A sufficient condition for the existence of a common Lyapunov function for two second order linear systems, in Proceedings of the 36th Conference on Decision & Control (IEEE, San Diego, 1997)Google Scholar
- 9.M.S. Branicky, Stability of hybrid systems: state of the artin Proceedings of the 36th Conference on Decision & Control (IEEE, San Diego, 1997)Google Scholar
- 13.Z. Zhusubaliyev, E. Mosekilde, Bifurcations and chaos in piecewise-smooth dynamical systems (World Scientific, Singapore, 2003)Google Scholar
- 21.L.P. Li, Electron. J. Qual. Theor. Differ. Eq. 70, 1 (2014)Google Scholar