A variance reduction technique for the stochastic Liouville–von Neumann equation
- 4 Downloads
The stochastic Liouville–von Neumann equation provides an exact numerical simulation strategy for quantum systems interacting with Gaussian reservoirs [J.T. Stockburger, H. Grabert, PRL 88, 170407 (2002)]. Its scaling with the extension of the time interval covered has recently improved dramatically through time-domain projection techniques [J.T. Stockburger, EPL 115, 40010 (2016)]. Here, we present a sampling strategy which results in a significantly improved scaling with the strength of the dissipative interaction, based on reducing the non-unitary terms in sample propagation through convex optimization techniques.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Alicki, K. Lendi, in Quantum Dynamical Semigroups and Applications, Lecture Notes in Physics (Springer, Berlin, 1987), Vol. 286 Google Scholar
- 3.H.-P. Breuer, F. Petruccione, The Theory of Open Quantum Systems (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2002), p. 625 Google Scholar
- 9.U. Weiss, in Quantum Dissipative Systems, Series in Modern Condensed Matter Physics, 3rd edn. (World Scientific, Singapore, 2008), Vol. 13 Google Scholar
- 21.C.W. Gardiner, in Stochastic Methods: A Handbook for the Natural and Social Sciences, Springer Series in Synergetics, 4th edn. (Springer, Berlin, 2009), Vol. 13 Google Scholar
- 25.M. Grant, S. Boyd, CVX: Matlab Software for Disciplined Convex Programming, version 2.1 (2014), https://doi.org/cvxr.com/cvx (accessed on December 16, 2017)
- 26.M. Grant, S. Boyd, in Recent Advances in Learning and Control, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, edited by V. Blondel, S. Boyd, H. Kimura (Springer, Berlin, 2008), pp. 95–110 Google Scholar