Comments on the properties of Mittag-Leffler function
- 9 Downloads
The properties of Mittag-Leffler function are reviewed within the framework of an umbral formalism. We take advantage from the formal equivalence with the exponential function to define the relevant semigroup properties. We analyse the relevant role in the solution of Schrödinger type and heat-type fractional partial differential equations and explore the problem of operatorial ordering finding appropriate rules when non-commuting operators are involved. We discuss the coherent states associated with the fractional Schödinger equation, analyze the relevant Poisson type probability amplitude and compare with analogous results already obtained in the literature.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Dattoli, S. Licciardi, R.M. Pidatella, arXiv:1702.08520[math.CA] (2017)
- 2.F.M. Cholewinski, J.A. Reneke, Electron. J. Differ. Equ. 2003, 1 (2003) Google Scholar
- 3.D. Babusci, G. Dattoli, M. Del Franco, Lectures on mathematical methods for physics, RT/2010/58/ENEA, 2010 Google Scholar
- 4.L.C. Andrews, Special functions for applied mathematicians and engineers (McMillan, 1985) Google Scholar
- 5.M.G. Mittag-Leffler, C. R. Acad. Sci. 136, 537 (1903) Google Scholar
- 7.K.B. Oldham, J. Spanier, in The fractional calculus: theory and applications of differentiation and integration to arbitrary order. Mathematics in science and engineering (Elsevier Science, 1974), Vol. 111 Google Scholar
- 13.W.H. Louisell, Quantum statistical properties of radiation (John Wiley & Sons Canada, Limited, 1973) Google Scholar
- 18.V. Uchaikin, R. Sibatov, Fractional kinetics in solids: anomalous charge transport in semiconductors, dieletrics and nanosystems (World Scientific, 2013), par. 1.3.2 Google Scholar
- 19.D. Babusci, G. Dattoli, arXiv:1112.1570[math-ph] (2011)