Anomalous phase diagrams in simplest plasma model
A new first-order phase transition of gas-liquid type emerges in a modified one-component plasma model with uniformly compressible background. Structure and parameters of this phase transition strongly depend on the value of charge number Z. Under particular values of Z the model shows completely unusual topology of phase diagram. The similar anomalies have been recently observed in more complicated thermodynamic models and even real matter. Thus, deep investigation of the phase diagram properties based on simplified models can help to understand the nature of the phenomenon in more complicated situation. In this study we have improved our previous calculations and utilized more complicated model components equation of state provided by G. Chabrier and A.Y. Potekhin [Phys. Rev. E 58, 4941 (1998)].
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Iosilevski, High temperature 23, 807 (1985)Google Scholar
- 2.I. Iosilevski, A. Chigvintsev, Physics of Non-Ideal Plasmas, edited by W. Ebeling, A. Forster, R. Radtke (Teubner, Stuttgart-Leipzig, 1992), p. 87Google Scholar
- 3.I. Iosilevski, A. Chigvintsev, Strongly Coupled Coulomb Systems, edited by G. Kalman, K. Blagoev, J. Rommel (Plenum Press, NY-London, 1998) p. 135Google Scholar
- 4.I. Iosilevski, A. Chigvintsev, Physics of Strongly Coupled Plasmas, edited by W. Kraeft, M. Schlanges (World Scientific, Singapore-London, 1996) p. 145Google Scholar
- 5.I. Iosilevski, Strongly Coupled Plasma Physics, edited by H.M. Van Horn, S. Ichimaru, (University of Rochester Press, Rochester, 1993) pp. 343–346Google Scholar
- 15.L. Mederos, G. Navascues, Appl. J. Chem. Phys 101, 984 (1994)Google Scholar
- 20.I. Iosilevskiy, Thermodynamics of non-ideal plasmas (Suppl. III-1), edited by A. Starostin, I. Iosilevskiy, Encyclopedia of Low-Temperature Plasma Physics (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2004), pp. 349–428Google Scholar
- 21.I. Iosilevski, A. Chigvintsev, Electronic Journal “Investigated in Russia” 20-34 (2003), (in Russian), http://zhurnal.ape.relarn.ru/articles/2003/003.pdf
- 22.I. Iosilevskiy, A. Chigvintsev, Equation-of-State and Phase Transition in Models of Astrophysical Matter, edited by W. Dappen, D. Gough, V. Celebonovic (Am. Institute of Physics, New York, 2004), p. 255Google Scholar
- 23.A. Zilevich, I. Iosilevskiy, A. Chigvintsev, Physics of Extreme States of Matter, edited by V. Fortov, et al. (IPCP RAS Pub., Chernogolovka, Russia, 2012), p. 15Google Scholar
- 25.I. Iosilevskiy, A. Chigvintsev, Equation-of-State and Phase Transition in Models of 198 Astrophysical Matter, edited by W. Dappen, D. Gough, V. Celebonovic (Am. Institute 199 of Physics, New York, 2004), p. 261Google Scholar