A multilayer approach for price dynamics in financial markets
- 69 Downloads
We introduce a new Self-Organized Criticality (SOC) model for simulating price evolution in an artificial financial market, based on a multilayer network of traders. The model also implements, in a quite realistic way with respect to previous studies, the order book dynamics, by considering two assets with variable fundamental prices. Fat tails in the probability distributions of normalized returns are observed, together with other features of real financial markets.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.B. Mandelbrot, R.L. Hudson, The (Mis) Behavior of Markets (Basic Books, 2004)Google Scholar
- 2.R.N. Mantegna, H.E. Stanley, Introduction to Econophysics: Correlations and Complexity in Finance (Cambridge University Press, 1999)Google Scholar
- 3.J.-P. Bouchaud, M. Potters Theory of Financial Risk and Derivative Pricing (Cambridge University Press, 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.D. Sornette, Why Stock Markets Crash: Critical Events in Complex Financial Systems (Princeton University Press, 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.C. Tsallis, Introduction to Nonextensive Statistical Mechanics (Springer, 2009)Google Scholar