Synchronization of unidirectionally delay-coupled chaotic oscillators with memory
We study synchronization of two chaotic oscillators coupled with time delay in a master-slave configuration and with delayed positive feedback in the slave oscillator which acts as memory. The dynamics of the slave oscillator is analyzed with bifurcation diagrams of the peak value of the system variable with respect to the coupling and feedback strengths and two delay times. For small coupling, when the oscillators’ phases synchronize, memory can induce bistability and stabilize periodic orbits, whereas for stronger coupling it is not possible. The delayed feedback signal impairs synchronization, simultaneously enhancing coherence of the slave oscillator.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.A. Pikovsky, M. Rosenblum, J. Kurths, Synchronization: A Universal Concept in Nonlinear Science (Cambridge University Press, New York, 2001)Google Scholar
- 6.N. MacDonald, Biological Delay Systems (Cambridge University Press, New York, 1989)Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Kuang, Delay Differential Equations with Applications in Population Dynamics (Academic Press Limited, London, 1993)Google Scholar
- 9.A. Beuter, J. Bélair, C. Labrie, J. Bélair, Bull. Math. Biol. 55, 525 (1993)Google Scholar
- 11.H.Y. Hu, Dynamics of Controlled Mechanical Systems with Delayed Feedback (Springer, New York, 2002)Google Scholar
- 12.W. Michiels, S.-I. Niculescu, Stability, Control, and Computation for Time-Delay Systems: An Eigenvalue-Based Approach (SIAM, 2014)Google Scholar
- 13.R. Sipahi, T. Vyhldal, S.-I. Niculescu, P. Pierdomenico, Time Delay Systems: Methods, Applications and New Trends (Springer, Berlin, 2012)Google Scholar