On the control of the Heider balance model
- 125 Downloads
The Heider social balance model describes the evolution of the relationships in a social network of humans or animals. This model is built upon the concept of balance of triads consisting of friendly or hostile edges representing the state of the network. In this differential model, a leader is introduced in order to control the system and to drive the social network to a desired relationship state. Further, the stability, the local controllability, and the optimal control through leadership of the Heider model are investigated. Results of numerical experiments demonstrate the ability of the proposed control strategy to drive the Heider balance model to friendship.
KeywordsTriad Optimal Control Problem European Physical Journal Special Topic Model Predictive Control Propose Control Strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Altafini, In Decision and Control (CDC), 2012 IEEE 51st Annual Conference on, IEEE (2012), p. 5876Google Scholar
- 4.A. Borzì, V. Schulz, Computational optimization of systems governed by partial differential equations, SIAM 8 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.L. Grüne, J. Pannek, Nonlinear model predictive control (Springer, 2011)Google Scholar
- 14.F. Heider, The psychology of interpersonal relations (Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc. Inc., 1958)Google Scholar
- 18.S. Nakajima, Psychological Rep. 96, 1011 (2005)Google Scholar