Magnetic force of piezoelectric cantilever energy harvesters with external magnetic field
- 190 Downloads
In piezoelectric cantilever energy harvesters with external magnetic field, one of the difficulties is the impact of the external magnetic field or magnetic force on vibration response and energy harvesting efficiency. Here we use the magnetizing current and magnetic dipoles approaches to analyze the magnetic force. The two calculation models are proposed for the energy harvesters. The calculation results of the two methods are compared with a set of experimental data. It has been proved that errors are produced with both methods while the magnet interval is sufficiently small. However, the calculation result achieved from magnetic dipoles approach is closer to experimental measurements than the one of magnetizing current approach. Consequently, the magnetic dipoles approach can be chosen preferably to calculate the magnetic force of piezoelectric cantilever energy harvesters with external magnetic field.
KeywordsMagnetic Force European Physical Journal Special Topic Cantilever Beam Magnetic Dipole Smart Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. Priya, D.J. Inman (eds.), Energy Harvesting Technologies Vol. 21 (New York: Springer, 2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Q.W. Han, K. Li, L. Yan, J.L. Zhou, Y. Wang, W.L.H. Chen, Piezoelectrics & Acoustooptics 33, 85 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.H.A. Ma, J.Q. Liu, G. Tang, C.S. Yang, Y.G. Li, Transducer Microsyst. Technol. 30, 66 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.Z.S. Chen, Y.M. Yang, Acta Phys. Sin. 60, 074301 (2011)Google Scholar
- 19.M. Neubauer, J. Twiefel, H. Westermann, J. Wallaschek, Modeling Aspects of Nonlinear Energy Harvesting for Increased Bandwidth, Small-Scale Energy Harvesting, edited by M. Lallart, Chapter 13 (Rijeka: InTech, 2012), p. 303Google Scholar
- 20.S. Sun, S.Q. Cao, Acta Phys. Sin. 61, 210505 (2012)Google Scholar