Analysis of energy harvesting from multiple pendulums with and without mechanical coupling
- 154 Downloads
Multiple energy harvesters in a single device has become important to harvest enough power for sensors. In such situation presence of mistuning may change the performance of the overall system. This paper studies the issue of presence of mistuning in such system and also extend the study to performance evaluation when mechanically coupling is present between the multiple harvesters. A simple case of two pendulums in a same frame is analysed for electromagnetic energy harvesting. Experiments are carried out to support the numerical evaluation. The study limits its observations to low frequency and low amplitude motions. The observation made are very interesting and intricate.
KeywordsEuropean Physical Journal Special Topic Mechanical Coupling Excitation Amplitude Power Curve Coupling Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Chandrakasan, R. Amirtharajah, J. Goodman, W. Rabiner, Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 604 (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.W.R. Davis, N. Zhang, K. Camera, F. Chen, D. Markovic, N. Chan, B. Nikolic, R.W. Brodersen, R. Amirtharajah, J. Goodman, W. Rabiner, Proceedings of the IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference, 545 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.T.V. Galchev, Thesis, University of Michigan, 2010Google Scholar
- 5.C. Williams, R. Yates, Proceedings of the International Solid-State Sensors and Actuators Conference – TRANSDUCERS 1, 8 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.S. Roundy, P.K. Wright, K.S. Pister, Proceedings of ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition (2002), p. 1Google Scholar
- 10.D. Zhu, M.J. Tudor, S.P. Beeby, Measur. Sci. Technol. 21, 1 (2010)Google Scholar