Image encryption using eight dimensional chaotic cat map
- 359 Downloads
In recent years, a large number of discrete chaotic cryptographic algorithms have been proposed. However, most of them encounter some problems such as lack of robustness and security. In this paper, we introduce a new image encryption algorithm based on eight-dimensional (nonlinear) chaotic cat map. Encryption of image is different from that of texts due to some intrinsic features of image such as bulk data capacity and high redundancy, which are generally difficult to handle by traditional methods. In traditional methods the key space is small and the security is weak. The proposed algorithm tries to address these problems and also tries to enhance the encryption speed. In this paper an eight dimensional chaotic cat map is used to encrypt the intensity values of pixels using lookup table method thereby significantly increasing the speed and security of encryption. The proposed algorithm is found to be resistive against chosen/known-plaintext attacks, statistical and differential attacks.
KeywordsEuropean Physical Journal Special Topic Image Encryption Adjacent Pixel Encrypt Image Plain Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mintu Philip, Asha Das, Survey: Image Encryption using Chaotic Cryptography Schemes, IJCA Special Issue on Computational Science – New Dimensions & Perspectives, NCCSE, 2011Google Scholar
- 2.K. Ganesan, R. Muthukumar, K. Murali, IEEE Trans. Circ. Syst. 2006 (APCCAS 2006), p. 1951Google Scholar
- 7.H. Hermassi, R. Rhouma, S. Belghith, Telecomm. Syst. 52, 539 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.K. Ganesan, Jerin Geogy George, P.V. Nithin, Real Time Secure Video Transmission Using Multicore CPUs and GPUs (submitted to Multimedia Tools and Applications, 2014)Google Scholar
- 13.K. Ganesan, G. Harsha Reddy, Sindhura Tokala, Ragava Monica desur, Amer. J. Comput. Architect 2, 1 (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Ren Honge, Shang Zhenwei, Zhang Jian, Optical Technol. 35, 384 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Mao-Yu , Huang Etal, Image Encryption Algorithm Based On Chaotic Maps, Comp. Symposium (ICS), International, Tainan (2010)Google Scholar