Pulse propagation in an autoionization medium with double Fano profile
- 73 Downloads
We discuss the propagation of a short laser pulse in an auto- ionizing (AI) medium with degenerate double Fano model. By solving numerically the coupled equations for atoms and fields we show that by the proper choice of Fano parameters involved in the problem (contrary to the case considered in (E. Paspalakis, N. J. Kylstra, and P. L. Knight, Phys. Rev. A60 (1999)) we have now two Fano asymmetry parameters) one can eliminate almost completely the absorption in the pulse propagation. It means that we have the transparency in the medium. From the connection between population trapping in short pulsed laser field and transparency in the propagation of the laser pulse which has been fixed by Paspalakis et al., Phys. Rev. A60 (1999) we conclude that this proper choice leads to the presence of the population trapping (or the existence of the “dark” states) in the atomic system. Moreover, instead of one value of the laser detuning for which the dark states exist in the case of one AI level, we find numerically two such values in the case of two AI levels.
KeywordsPulse Propagation European Physical Journal Special Topic Atomic System Proper Choice Electromagnetically Induce Transparency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.C. Long, Rev. Adv. Mater. Sci. 23, 8 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.C.L. Van, Structured continuum in various optical phenomena, in Physics and applications I: Quantum Optics”, edited by Wiesław Leoński (University of Zielona Góra Press, 2012), p. 195Google Scholar
- 6.K. Kowalski, V. Cao Long, K. Dinh Xuan, M. Głódź, B. Nguyen Huy, J. Szonert, Comput. Meth. Sci. Technol., Spec. Iss. (2), 131 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.E. Paspalakis, P.L. Knight, Phys. Rev. A 66, 015082 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.T. Bui Dinh, W. Leoński, V. Cao Long, J. Perina Jr., Optica Applicata 43 (2013) (in press)Google Scholar
- 14.T. Bui Dinh, W. Leoński, V. Cao Long, K. Dinh Xuan (to be published)Google Scholar