Spatial characterization of H 2 :CH 4 dissociation level in microwave ECR plasma source by fibre-optic OES
- 139 Downloads
Spatially resolved optical emission spectroscopy (SR-OES) was used to investigate microwave activated H2/Ar/CH4 plasma under conditions of the electron cyclotron resonance (ECR). The chemistry and composition of the gas phase were studied using self-designed fibre-optic system with echelle type spectrometer during CVD deposition of polycrystalline diamond. One-dimensional intensity profiles of the main species were collected along the vertical axis of chamber. The dominant species in the flux, originating from excited hydrogen and hydrocarbons, were identified as H, H+, CH and CH+; they are crucial for the diamond deposition process. The effect of ECR on the spatial distribution of H2 and CH4 dissociation profiles was studied in depth. The influence of processing parameters (gas flow rates, input power, pressure and magnetic field level) on species excitation as a function of the distance above substrate was asessed. The obtained data can be used for the ECR system optimization.
KeywordsEuropean Physical Journal Special Topic Microwave Power Optical Emission Spectroscopy Electron Cyclotron Resonance Diamond Synthesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. Szmidt, Technologie diamentowe – diament w elektronice (Oficyna Wydawnicza PW, Warszawa, 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.J. Asmussen, D. Reinhard, D.S. Dandy, Diamond Thin Films Handbook (Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 2002)Google Scholar
- 12.A. Herman, P. Wroczynski, Adv. Sci. Technol. 6, 141 (1994)Google Scholar
- 15.C. J. Spanos, K. Poolla, Final EECS Report Berkley No. 96-022 (1996)Google Scholar
- 16.S. Rangan, C.J. Spanos, K. Polla, Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. on Semiconductor Manufacturing Conference, San Francisco (1997) D9(B41)Google Scholar
- 21.L. Tomasini, A. Rousseau, G. Gousset, P. Leprince, Appl. Phys. 29, 1006 (1996)Google Scholar
- 22.R. Bogdanowicz, Optoelectronic monitoring of low-temperature plasma excitation used for Diamond-Like Carbon layer synthesis, Ph.D. thesis, Gdansk University of Technology, Gdansk, 2004Google Scholar
- 23.I. Sobelman, Atomic spectra and radiative transitions (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1992)Google Scholar