Peculiarities of stochastic motion in antiferromagnetic nanoparticles
- 103 Downloads
Antiferromagnetic (AFM) materials are widely used in spintronic devices as passive elements (for stabilization of ferromagnetic layers) and as active elements (for information coding). In both cases the switching between different AFM states, to a great extent depends on the environmental noise. In the present paper we derive stochastic Langevian equations for an AFM vector and a corresponding Fokker-Plank equation for a distribution function in the phase space of generalised coordinate and momentum. Thermal noise is modelled by a random delta-correlated magnetic field that interacts with the dynamic magnetisation of AFM particle. We scrupulously analyse a particular case of a collinear compensated AFM in the presence of spin-polarised current. The energy distribution function is found for normal modes in the vicinity of two equilibrium states (static and stationary) in sub- and super-critical regimes. It is shown that the noise-induced dynamics of AFM vector has some pecuilarities compared to the dynamics of magnetisation vector in ferromagnets.
KeywordsEuropean Physical Journal Special Topic Thermal Noise Stochastic Resonance Multiplicative Noise Energy Distribution Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 18.B. Ouari, S. Aktaou, Yu.P. Kalmykov, Phys. Rev. B 81 (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.A.V. Kimel, B.A. Ivanov, R.V. Pisarev, P.A. Usachev, A. Kirilyuk, Th. Rasing, Nat. Phys. (London) 5, 727 (2009)Google Scholar
- 22.J. Bass, A. Sharma, Z. Wei, M. Tsoi, J. Magnetics (Korean Magnetics Society) 13, 1 (2008)Google Scholar
- 27.I.V. Bar’yakhtar, B.A. Ivanov, Sov. J. Low Temp. Phys. 5, 361 (1979) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 28.W.T. Coffey, Yu.P. Kalmykov, J.T. Waldron, The Langevin Equation. With Application in Physics, Chemistry and Electrical Engineering (World Scientific, Singapore 1996), p. 428Google Scholar
- 30.E.A. Turov, A.V. Kolchanov, V.V. Men’shenin, I.F. Mirsaev, V.V. Nikolaev, Symmetry and Physical Properties of Antiferromagnets (Fizmatlit, Moscow 2001), p. 560 (in Russian)Google Scholar