A permanent Zeeman slower for Sr atomic clock
- 179 Downloads
A new type of transverse Zeeman slower composed of an array of compactdiscrete neodymium magnets is described. A simple and precisemodel of such a slower based on magnetic dipoles is developed.The design of such a slower for Sr atoms is presented.The slower needs no high currents or water cooling and the spatial distribution of itsmagnetic field can be adjusted in situ. Such a slower would be ideal fortransportable optical atomic clocks and their future applicationsin space physics.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Takomoto, F. Hong, R. Higashi, H. Katori, Nature 435, 321 (2005)Google Scholar
- W.D. Phillips, H. Metcalf, Phys. Rev. Lett. 48, 596 (1982)Google Scholar
- C. Adler, F. Narducci, C. Sukenik, J. Mulholland, S. Goodale, Bull. APS 51, 51 (2006)Google Scholar
- S.N. Bagaeyv, V.I. Baraulia, A.E. Bonert, A.N. Goncharov, M.R. Seydaliev, A.S. Tychkov, Laser Phys. 11, 1 (2001)Google Scholar
- Y.B. Ovchinnikov, Opt. Commun. 276, 261 (2007)Google Scholar
- T.P. Dinneen, K.R. Vogel, E. Arimondo, J.L. Hall, A. Gallagher, IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas. 42, 115 (1993)Google Scholar